Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wowie

Today has been another very busy day. I'm going to have to make sure I have the rest of the week with as little scheduled as possible. I'm really feeling the effects of several busy days, not to mention the fact that I took too much sun today (which is to say, I was in the sun today).

This morning Alice and Josh put on a bike riding show so I could see firsthand how clever they are both getting with their bike riding. Alice last night learned how to start off on her own and also how to steer. Given that I learned how to ride a bike aged eight, I am very proud of how well she has picked up these new skills. I'm also quite awed at what a great job Mike did teaching her. He's the one that's given her all the lessons.


Alice pushing off all by herself

Truth be told, Alice is already more confident on her bike than I ever was. She spent a fair amount of time today zipping around all the furniture and assorted in the back yard.

We headed up to GG's place around morning tea time. Grandma decided to buy me a new frock for my birthday and Christmas gift this year. While Mike was doing some odd jobs around the unit Grandma and I walked up the main road to Bubble and Squeak. I found a skirt that I am just in love with, Gypsy and it would appear to be hand made. I also got a blue dress that will come in handy over summer if I have reason to get tizzied.

This afternoon the family ventured to Bunnings. This outing was much more successful than yesterday's travels. I spent both gift vouchers in one fell swoop. The Bunnings at Success had a great range of Digger's and heirloom seedlings. We got three or four more eggplants, two punnets of heirloom tomatoes, organic parsley (I always kill parsley but hope springs eternal), a mixed punnet of beetroot and I cannot remember what else. Huge amounts of fun.

I took this photo out the front of Bunnings. I felt the barrels almost gave the impression of two kids in Italy. This is my favourite photo of the year thus far.

We ran into the Spud Shed for the week's F&V. I've already snacked on apricots, cherries, strawberries and a plum. Looking forward to fruit salad and yoghurt after dinner. I weighed heavy at WW last night (I put on 1.5kg over Christmas and New Year). I'd made the decision that I wasn't going to track or try over Christmas, and the gain is reasonable. However, I do need to get back on track as of right now so that the damage doesn't increase. Yesterday I ate 85 PPV - that's three days worth of food. HOWEVER! I am doing my yoga every day, will start walking on the treadmill in a day or two and have tracked properly yesterday and today. I will eat sensibly, and if I have another gain next week (which may happen - gains and losses can take a week to hit the scale and I was shocking with what I ate both New Years' Day and yesterday) I'll take it on the chin and just keep on trucking. One of the girls I weighed yesterday very sensibly noted that Christmas comes but once a year.

My yoga and flexibility is up to 14.5 minutes as of today. Three cycles of Greetings plus my Curves stretches. Two days left before I add in my strength and cardio! Getting excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment