Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Exercise is surprisingly fun

Who'da thunk? I'm past the second full week of my new exercise lifestyle change, and I'm up to a daily 15 minutes of yoga and flexibility, strength three times a week (still only one rep) and 25 minutes of interval training on the treadmill for my cardio three times a week. Last night was my first full yoga workout and it was wonderfully stretchy and relaxing. Today was my second interval training session and I LOVED IT. Not at all expected.

At the library earlier last week I picked up the "How Do You Measure Up?" planning book, which steps you through goal setting, meal planning and organising an exercise schedule. I used it to set my goals, assign rewards, plan and record my exercise and for meal planning. I know I've only used it for a week but it's really working well for me. I'm felling soooo proud of myself, and I've earned (yes, earned!) a song download, a movie rental and a bath. I've gone with non-food, not costly rewards, and I'm absolutely going to cash them in each week that I earn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment